Saturday, November 24, 2007

13 Months TODAY!!

Now that we are over the Soy milk thing! Wheeee! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We opted for a Brisket instead of the traditional Tom the Turkey. We thought we would save one turkey this year! Darrel cooked a mean brisket as usaual. He does a great job!! Best BBQ in Texas if I do say so myself. I cooked pumpkin pie & made toffee!! YUM YUM!! We went to Grandma & Grandpa Nelson's for Thanksgiving! Great Grandpa came too! We had a nice dinner & I played cards with my grandfather (which by the way was a mistake since I LOST!). Dalton is really working his walking legs! He likes to be upright more then on all fours (unless he needs to get somewhere really fast). Darrel will hold him & I will ask him to come to me & boom here he comes. He has taken 8 steps at a time! I hope he is walking by Christmas. That is my goal for him (of course that is mommy's goal may not be Dalton's). Dalton is 13 months today & he is doing just great. I think he is teething, not sure which teeth? We caught him trying to chew on the end table! We also had to put some child locks on some of the cabinets, I am tired of saying NO NO NO!!! It is wearing me out not to mention Dalton's bottom! He is a stubborn kid, if he wants something there is no stopping him. Which is a good thing for some things and not others! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am most thankful for my Family! Yes I have a wonderful Family. How blessed I am if I do say so myself. I live in a free country & am healthy!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time with your family! And I wonder if our boys will start walking in the same week. Doran is now taking more steps at a time, too! Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Dalton is getting ready to walk! How exciting!
    I love his haircut. he looks like a big boy now!
    Chewing on tables? He must have some teething going on in there.

    Yes, we will do margaritas very soon! That sonds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete