Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sleeping Issues!!!

Well it has been awhile since I have written anything. Dalton has not been sleeping well at night. It is weird that he went from a good sleeper to now waking up 1 to 3 times a night. People say it could be developmental milestones or teething!! The DR office said you are going to have to let him cry & put himself back to sleep. They are probably right!!! I hate that but I think that is my last resort. When I know he is feed, dry diaper & had stuff for his teething I am going to have to teach him to fall asleep on his own. Darrel & I have been putting him back to sleep all this time. He probably does not know how to do it on his own. Next Weekend is the time when we will do that. I am not looking forward to that at all!!! I hate to hear my baby boy cry! But He will not remember & he will sleep better! Wish us luck!!! I have been doing some lobby shows & craft shows that is why I have not blogged lately. I am bet!! I am also doing this stupid diet thing & it is making me nuts!!!

2 comments:

  1. The dr. told me the same thing about letting Doran cry it out, but I won't do it. If he needs me, then I will be there. But, I have a friend who is also not fond of the cry it out program, and she says that she started just giving her son 5 minutes to try to work it out on his own. She was surprised to find that 90% of the time he did. I started doing the same thing and Doran will usually settle back down after about a minute or so unless something's really wrong, and then I comfort him. Every parent has to do what works for him/her, so I wish you the best with whatever you decide about Dalton. Glad to see you back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first 6 months Ethan slept through the night 8-6. Now he wakes up beween 3-4 to eat. I think it's just because he is bigger and is hungrier. He is definitely growing again. I grumble about it at first but by the time I am done nursing him and he falls back to sleep on me I am loving it, because I know this won't last long and he is my last baby.

    ReplyDelete