Monday, September 15, 2008

BYE BYE Hurricane IKE!

This is some of the horrible destruction he left behind! WOW was that bad! We did not have it as bad as other people but we had NO electricity for 24 hours. IT WAS HOT did I mention it was HOT! Thank God the electricty came back on because I thought we might melt along with all our food. You know the biggest thing we were short on & was hard to find was toilet paper. I am never going low on that stuff. I would have traded water for it! Dalton did great considering it was hot & there was no TV! Thank goodness we have a pool. All of us along with some of our great neighbors swam on Saturday to help us keep cool. I think if we did not have that we would have been nuts & bored! We just prayed for all the people that lost their homes! It is such a devastating thing to go thru. It is scary but makes you appreciate all that you have much more. I give all the praise & glory to God for protecting my family & friends!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are okay. We actually lost power for 2 days! We had the wind storm that came through after you guys had it. Lots of trees down, etc. Glad the hurricane is gone now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we didn't get more damage. I know the pool came in handy with the power off.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete